'Show some loyalty': Prince Harry urged to cut ties with Netflix over The Crown bombshell

Date:

Share post:


Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been urged to ditch their Netflix deal as the release date for the latest series of The Crown has been announced. Royal author Robert Jobson insisted that many people believe the controversial royal drama is “fact”.

Mr Jobson warned that the fifth series of The Crown ill cause “untold damage” to the new King and Queen Consort.

The royal expert urged the Duke of Sussex to “show some loyalty to your country”.

Mr Jobson tweeted: “How can Harry & Meghan carry on with this Netflix deal?

“There are many who believe this fiction is fact. It will cause untold damage to our King and Queen Consort around the world early in his reign.

“Are H & M really that hard up? Come of ‘H’ show some loyalty to your country.”

Mr Jobson’s comments come as it was announced yesterday that the fifth series of The Crown will launch on November 9.

The royal drama has previously sparked controversy with calls for the streaming giant to add a disclaimer to the beginning of episodes making clear it is a work of fiction.

The latest series will focus on the breakdown of Charles’s marriage to Princess Diana.

The Crown has traditionally launched in November, and the upcoming series will see Dominic West star as Charles and Elizabeth Debicki as Diana.

Mr West takes over the role of Charles from Josh O’Connor, while Ms Debicki replaces Emma Corrin.

The Crown was due to end after the fifth series, but the show’s creator and writer Peter Morgan later said it will be extended to include one more.

Filming on the sixth series of The Crown was halted following the death of the late Queen and was also suspended on the day of the funeral.

The Sussexes signed their lucrative deal with Netflix in 2020 after quitting royal duties for a new life in the US.

But they have not yet released any content on the streaming giant.

There are reports the couple are filming an at-home docuseries, with a source previously telling Page Six that Netflix was getting its “pound of flesh” from Harry and Meghan.

The Duke is working on documentary series Heart of Invictus which focuses on his Invictus Games.

Earlier this year, it emerged Meghan’s animated series Pearl had been dropped by the streaming giant.

At the time, Netflix said Archewell Productions remains a valued partner and they are continuing to work together on a number of projects.

It came after Netflix lost 200,000 users over the first three months of 2022, falling well short of predictions it would add 2.5 million subscribers.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Related articles

44-year-old who kept waking up to ‘bizarre smells’ at night told she has 18 months to live

Although brain tumours can cause a wide range of olfactory odours, these complications are extremely rare symptoms...

Life of tragic footballer to be ITV drama

Aged 20, Justin became one of the first players to command a £1million transfer fee when he...

Suspect named after predator 'climbs through woman's window and rapes her' at 5am

Police have released a CCTV image of a suspect relating to a "horrific" rape.Courtney Adams is wanted on...

Zoe Ball reacts to Harry and Meghan's jaw-dropping Netflix first look teaser 'Goodness me'

Prince Harry, 38, and Meghan Markle, 40, caused a social media frenzy after the pair finally dropped...