Meghan 'did Harry greatest kindness' as Duke 'desperately unhappy' with Royal Family life

Date:

Share post:


Meghan Markle did Prince Harry “the greatest kindness anyone could do to him” by helping to “take him out of the Royal Family”, a royal source has claimed. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex extricated themselves from royal life less than two years after they tied the knot at Windsor in 2018.

But even before the royal couple exchanged vows, Prince Harry was “just desperately unhappy in the last couple of years of his working life”, an anonymous source has claimed to Valentine Low of The Times.

Mr Low, described the source as “surprising”, and as “someone who knows Harry well but remains upset about what Harry and Meghan did”.

He quoted the source as saying: “We knew he was unhappy, but we didn’t really know what the solution would be.

“She came along and found the solution.”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex went public with their intention to leave the Royal Family early on in 2020.

The couple issued a statement on January 8, in which they announced they would “step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen”.

They said they would “honour our duty to the Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages”, dividing their time between the UK and the US.

They said in a statement: “This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity.”

READ MORE: Meghan Markle ‘phoned every 10 minutes’ and ‘screamed’ at staffer

He described how sources recalled a “positive atmosphere” to negotiations as they discussed how the pair could split their time and their lives.

But sources described how the scenarios failed to materialise into reality, with “no way for the two sides to reach an agreement” on the key point of “freedom”.

Mr Low claimed that “compromise was off the table, removed by the Queen”, after a half-in, half-out life of royalty was deemed impossible.

The Duke and Duchess have scarcely returned to the UK since their departure, with Prince Harry making the trip back across the pond in 2021 for the unveiling of a statue dedicated to his mother, the late Princess Diana.

The couple touched down in the capital earlier this year for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations, maintaining a largely low profile as they attended various events across the long weekend.

The Duke and Duchess were in the country on a coincidental visit to support charities with which they are linked when news broke of the Queen’s failing health.

They remained in London for the events of the mourning period of Queen Elizabeth II’s death, with Prince Harry part of a vigil of her grandchildren at Westminster Hall ahead of her funeral.

Representatives for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Buckingham Palace have been contacted for comment.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Related articles

World Cup commentator Lee Dixon calls out ITV director live on air as England beat Senegal

World Cup commentator Lee Dixon called out the ITV director live on air on Sunday night as...

‘They’ll bloom non-stop!’ ‘Most important’ way to get your peace lily to flower ‘faster’

Also known as closet plants, the peace lily is one of the most popular houseplants for offices...

EasyJet flight diverted from Bristol after report of possible bomb on board

Prague Airport has announced that the low cost airline EasyJet was forced to divert its route from Krakaw to...

Tom Burke details getting ‘sympathy’ from real-life mum on set of Strike: Troubled Blood

An official synopsis for Strike: Troubled Blood reads: "Strike’s never tackled a cold case before let alone...