Dorset Police confirmed that a 16-year-old boy was stabbed in the early hours of the morning outside Bosc Vegas in Christchurch Road in Bournemouth. In a statement, a spokesperson said: “Dorset Police received a report at 3.06am on Friday 19 August 2022 that a 16-year-old boy had been located with a stab wound outside Bosc Vegas in Christchurch Road in Bournemouth.
“Following enquiries, it is believed that the incident occurred a short time earlier in Walpole Road.
“Officers attended and enquiries are ongoing to locate the offender, who is believed to be known to the victim.
“The victim has been taken to hospital for treatment. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
“An investigation is underway, led by detectives from Bournemouth CID, and cordons are in place to allow for examination of the scenes.”
Boscombe Crescent has been taped off this morning as residents report police officers on the scene.
The Daily Echo reported that two police cars were present outside the Safari Nail Bar and Barbers at 8:30am with the area being taped off.
There are now multiple areas cordoned off.
The teenager has been taken to hospital for treatment but his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
READ MORE: Aldi staff make desperate plea to anyone who shops in stores
The area is currently cordoned off while police investigate the incident.
Dorset Police told the Daily Echo that officers from the local neighbourhood policing team will be carrying out patrols in the area and can be approached by anyone with any information or concerns.